Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Lets try another day




Well day one was OK, in a work kind of way, I had forgotten how much you do in a day. I tell you I am longing for an Xmas movie marathon ( although they have now finished).

Time to dip my toe in to day 2.

In cricket ( yes I am going to talk about that again) after another player was struck down by football and injured, I wonder if they will continue to use this as a form of warm up.
England have set South Africa a high run chase total and are probably already getting the beers in the dressing room. Lets not forget this is just to level the series.

Could the men in green and gold bat out for a draw?

I have been reading Jimmy Andersons take on age and cricket. He says its just a number, and yes I do appreciate that he is and has been a great bowler but he is also someone who gets crocked at the drop of a box.
He will have to hang up his boots at some time.

And before you think that I am slating the team, I'm not I'm stating the obvious.

As Mark Wood has still not been seen in the team, I can only assume that the newest ECB tourist is happily soaking up a few rays in South Africa.
Maybe I am wrong and I'm sure you will tell me if I am.

I have managed to book a summer holiday this year..... in the summer, there are few games going on at Headingley and as a paying member that's where I expect the cricket to take place. So I am heading out to watch cricket in Europe, something that I have wanted to do for a while.

I have my flight to Southampton booked and it does seem that this may be the only time I see the 1st team, ( unless Ben and Tom get a call up).

Talking about my 'boys' they are safe and well in Australia and have been enjoying their Christmas.
Ben and Ella went off to watch the Adelaide Strikers in Melbourne, and I am very grateful to coach for organising this for me.

Well time to head off.

I got a bit ranty, hopefully the last time that this happens this year, I have too many things to make me smile than make me frown.


Happy Tuesday 

No comments :