Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 May 2019

Midweek and its cold



well after a long lie in , I am still not sure if my feet have thawed out after a very cold Chester le Street yesterday.

The rain stayed away but it was super cold.

I had forgotten how much I love 2nd XI cricket. Watching a mixed bag of players, in the peace and quiet of the ground, well sort of.

There was the usual 3 men and a whippet brigade, ( the SABA had not managed to come) and after I got seated  Mr 'I know everything about cricket' came and sat with me to tell me all about 2nd XI cricket,  I thought he must work for the ECB, because obviously being a woman  I know nothing about cricket!!!!

So I told him about the Yorkshire cricket badges. we had academy through to first team playing yesterday  so we had rose buds and roses. ( and academy logos).
And he still went on..........

....luckily one of the Durham coaches ( who I have know for about 26 years) came over to chat. Mr ' I know everything about cricket' wandered off.

Durham dug in and  it took until well into the afternoon for a flurry of wickets to tumble.

By the time they came off, it was nearly dark ................due to the weather no the time.


Even the drive home with the heater on did not manage to thaw me out and so it was hot shower and electric blanket!

Word to the wise, take flasks to Chester le Street, the newly refurbed 'Bistro' The Sticky Wicket charge £4 for a luke warm coffee and by the looks of the menu, I will need the proceeds of the chateau sale to have a 3 course meal!
Also ladies, the 'facilities' around the ground are all locked up and you need to go to said 'Bistro' to 'spend a penny', luckily this is free!

The forecast is rain and I am making a decision shortly as to whether to head out or not.

Have a great day.




No comments :