Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 May 2019

The old horse chestnut










Well this really is the last year that I will get to see the Horse chestnut tree in full 'candle'
I have grown up with the beauty of the leaves and flowers and the dread of autumn when it sheds it leaves........................a job and a half to clear up.

My dad got one of the flowers for me to press for a school project when I was at infant school.
I remember him getting the flower down with out damaging it.

I managed to chip a bone in my elbow a few years ago, when the leaves had been shed, over the garage into the back garden.
It was raining and I headed out to put rubbish in the bin, instead I ended up  in A & E having x-rays on my ( once badly broken ) elbow, having slipped on the mass of wet leaves.

I learnt a very hard lesson from that and I have since kept the pathway leaf free.
Better to be safe than in agony for 6 weeks!.

I am not sad to be closing the door on the chateau for the last time, as I am finally going to be able to have 'my home'.
I am sad to leave the chestnut and the honeysuckle that has been around the front door longer than we have lived in the house.

Both of these hold a million memories.

However soon ( fingers tightly crossed) I can pass on the house to a new family, and move on.

Am I excited....................absolutely, a whole new start for me.



 and now time to  head off down the road to work, and tuck another day under my belt.










No comments :