Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 May 2019

Rain, rain and more rain



Flipping rain!

Yesterday morning dawned with it lashing down and stayed that way all day, I got regular 'Yupdates' from Yorkshire base camp, and they didn't move from there.

I sat watching rubbish TV and knitting, had a walk to town and then did more knitting. Not quite what I was expecting from my break from work................but hey I wasn't at my desk so that is always a bonus.

Forecast is rain this morning and drying up this afternoon, but doubt there will be any play, we'll see.

The England game was also affected by rain , I think that it was country wide!

News from Yorkshire HQ is that we have signed Dom Bess on loan to boost the spin attack. He's with us for a month.
Yorkshire have been using TLJL as a bowler, how about bringing him on more?

Hampshire have signed South African Chris Morris for the T20 blast, so that will be interesting to watch.

I've got the coffee percolator on just in case I have to fill flasks (no chance of coughing up £4 for a coffee for me!) and soup ready to keep me warm.

I also have my secret weapon, as suggested to me by TLML, I have a hot water bottle in the bag along with a flask of boiling water!
Top idea and one that I will be using often I imagine!
Huge thanks to Karen.

I got some fabulous photos that were taken on Monday at HQ before rain set in, great pics of Ben and his first List A catch.

And the knitting................well the first lot of teddies are available at Owzat Scarborough and there will be a limited number of Surrey and Nottinghamshire teddies too ( at the appropriate matches).

Well time to go and click those needles!

Have a great day and  keep dry.

Please let the rain stop!






No comments :