Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 May 2019

The weekend is upon us



well its Friday and I have bee up over 2 hours, It is plain to see that I am heading into the office for the half day ( work schedule for next week to sort out). If the weather stays fine I am off to Brandon after work to have an afternoon out with the 2nds.

Yesterday I kept in touch with  Yorkshire base camp as it rained all morning, then just as I was having a bimble round Aldi  I got the word that the game was on, I nearly ( and I said nearly ) ran back to the chateau, filled a couple of flasks,made sure the hot water bottle was still in the bag, threw supplies ( cheese and onion rolls and a couple of snickers ........mate this body was not built in salad!) in the bag and raced up the A1 to CLS.

Yep it was flipping freezing! The hot water bottle was soon in situ ( up my jumper).

Had a chat with Ben and put more secret dealings in place, what a season I am having!

TLJL played a great innings ably supported by Ben whose 37 was great to watch.

I really had forgotten my love of 2nd XI cricket, I watched it for years when I live in London ( when I used to go and cheer on Hampshire 2nds). I have had a great couple of days, and really hope that I can get to see more over the season.

If I do rock up at Brandon today I will be without my partner in crime, John won't be there, so get well soon and see you asap.

And now I am heading to the sorting office. I will have to phone Big Al when I get to the office as I don't have the breakfast order.

Ah back to the grind!

And guess what.....I'm tired!


Happy Friday



No comments :