Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Another day


Yes another day here in the North East of Blighty, where the evenings are starting to get lighter and also the mornings, lots of signs that Spring is on the way although the snowdrops in my garden seem to have taken a holiday this year as there is not sign of them.

It was a busy evening last night as I packed up the things that I had sold on eBay, and although the dressing room carpet is aagin a thing of the past again, I can at least walk around my bedroom without the fear of stubbing my toe on anything.
Lets see how long that lasts before  the 'housefilling fairy'  makes an appearance in there.
Thoughts are turning to the little bedroom which still is to be completed. That will be the next challenge for me.

I intend to have the house all finished  and decorated by the time the cricket season is upon us.

Please note that  I haven't said which year the cricket season will be in.

And talking cricket...................................................

................Harry Brooks, yes young Harry Brooks, has been  left out of the England U19 team for disciplinary issue. No further information has been released.

Hmmmmmmm what is it with the England set up?


Interesting to read that Michael Vaughan is now singing the praises of Captain Morgan, saying he is the best one day captain, and calling him 'gifted.'
I wonder if he would have deemed to mention him if England had not won the series?
I actually don't t take much notice of Michael, he can be very boring!


The West Indies are still having trouble with there national squad some of their big names have gone off to the PSL and will not be available for World Cup Qualifiers. I am not sure what this says about the state of cricket in the Islands at the moment, but my view, cut them free and look at rebuilding a new team.
 Not something that will happen over night but may be the way forward and at least showing that players are not bigger than the game itself.

Well before I get onto a little rant time to head out the door and get myself over to the office.
Have a great day, it is predicted to be a little wet and windy here, ah how I dream of the sun!










No comments :