Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 January 2018

Its Wednesday half way there!!




Ah Wednesday, mid week. I am not sure why I am so excited about this as I have quite a lot on my desk to complete before the week is out and to be fair after today, I only have 1.5 days left this week.

It was wonderful to hear from my friends at Flicx that they had received their belated New Year gift from me. This had arrived in the form of crackers cheese and homemade chutney. All good so far.

However I now know that my 'hedgerow' chutney is known to them as 'hedgehog'!!!

Those cheeky chaps and chapette!

It is good to hear that it has gone down very well and another good review for my chutney.

Considering that I had never made chutney ( because I don't like it) until two years again I am over the moon with feedback.

Well now to cricket news, and another so called  'wunder kinder' has been added to the T20 squad.
Sam Curran has been included and will join his brother Tom. The brothers who both play for Surrey are in the current wave of hot favourites to turn England around.

Another 'wunder kinder' being called the new Shane Warne ( poor kid) is Lloyd  Pope the U19 leg spinner who was very involved in the demise of England U19.

What I don't like is that this young player is being hauled up to heady heights by the press and will soon be dropped back down to earth when he doesn't reprise his great 8-35, which was a tournament best.

What I do like is that he is a wild haired ginger!


another thing that I am not keen on at the moment is the fact that after the snow we are now being lashed with torrential rain and gales. I can hear it outside and have no desire to head out into it.

Over in La Belle France, the Dame's village was struggling with water as the river burst its banks and flooded one of the champagne houses and her local bar!!!
Luckily over at her Chateau she is within the perimeter of the moat that surrounded the old town and the water hadn't made it that far.

Well Wednesday is turning out to be wild and wet so best get my 'mac'on and head off to the office.

How long until Summer?









No comments :