Powered By Blogger

Thursday 25 January 2018

Where will I sit?






As the season draws ever nearer
I've no where to put my feet
Demolition and rebuilding
Means I no longer have my seat.

It started before the season ended
My seat was taken away.
I've never had so my views
Of cricket, as so did that day.

New development to move us forward
The reason for my eviction
I can happily live with this
for one season, as is the prediction

So where will lay my hat?
My bags,My blanky,My rear?
Granddad John said I can sit with him
Though fruity language I may hear.

Will I be in The Long Room
By the window? On a stool?
Sitting in the upper tier
Where it can be anything but cool.

Well I'll just have to wait and see
Although to be honest I don't care.
Where my Yorkshire boys are concerned
It's not where you sit,but being there.



No comments :