Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 January 2018

Snowy Sunday



It is still snowy and very icy here in the North East of blighty, I can see that it will be another raspberry beret day today when I go out for my daily constitutional.

I do not foresee this disappearing any time soon and so it will be down to putting 'snowchains' on my boots.

some of the buzz in cricket at the moment is the upcoming IPL auction,578 players are due to go under the hammer.
It makes me wonder if the proposed franchise T20 in this country would ever attract those numbers?

England and Australia are in ODI action, with the hosts chasing 303. Finch was gone before hitting another century but he was motoring away for a while.
Jos Butler hit a century on the final ball,
Hales scored 1, and had previously said that he had been 'hurt' by not being selected  for the tour earlier,due to an incident last September. He was brought back into the fold on Friday as he had previously been cleared of any wrong doing.

He says that he has learnt from this.
I hope so, I appreciate now that media is very quick to vilify anyone they think has done wrong, add to this the technology available which allows anyone to post on social media in seconds things that they have seen/done. its a minefield out there!


Thoughts are turning to the AGM which is taking place on 24th March for the Yorkshire mob. sadly my partner in crime Jimbo cannot attend but we are meeting up later, this looks to be the first session of the season !!!!


Plans for the day?

Well the washing is in, the dishwasher is on and I am remaking the bed for the last time in the current colour scheme, hopefully this time next week we will be ready for the new and improved bedroom to be put together!.

I might have a quick trip to town, but after getting some terrific bargains yesterday I feel that I may have to rest on my laurels.

Or just rest!

Which seems to be what I do a lot of at the moment.

have a peaceful Sunday


No comments :