Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 January 2018

Happy New Year



Well its 2018 and  the start of  new journey.
New year is always a time to set new goals even if you don't go through with them.
I took the time over my Christmas break to have a holiday, going to stay wiuth my sister in France and having a break from writing the blog.

over the last 5 years I have posted a blog nearly every morning  usually between 6am and 7am so  think that I deserved a break.


I stayed in the south of the Champagne regon in a fabulous old town.
The town was built around the 12th century church which is in the process of being renovated.
This 'old part' of the town  had a moat around  it and this is still in evidence although not as wide as it was originally.
The beautiful maison de ville  where my sister  has been  renting an apartment for the last 6 month, dates from the 1800's and is right next to the church and has the moat running at the back of it.

A beautiful place to spend Christmas or in my sisters case a lovely place to live.

And now on day one of 2018 I am back writing and  hopefully willl continue to do so.

Over the time that I have been away we  managed a draw against the Australians in cricket, which sort of saves face in what could have been a whitewash.

the other side of  the new year is that we are closer the domestic cricket season which is a good thing.

I have lots of things that I would like to do this year, but am not making any resolutions, I just intend to take each day at a time.

My new journey is just beginning.

Happy New Year to you all.

I hope that it will be a happy and prosperous one for you all.




No comments :