Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 January 2018

early train to Jobsville



Well thanks to some ferocious winds over night I have been awake for quite a long time now and have managed to empty the dishwasher, pack up some things that I sold on eBay and  sort the orange afro out.

Yesterday saw me very busy in the bedroom putting up wallpaper, curtain poles, new curtain and finally getting the new bedside tables in place.
I had always loved my white and black bedroom, but of late it had become very 'dark and overpowering' hence the need to give the room a makeover.
We are all white and grey with odd touches of pale blue and beige, a little bit Scandinavian, and I have to say that I love it.
Very calm and tranquil, which I hope will gradually filter  into my (hectic) life.

Well England wrapped up the ODI series, with some great bowling by elder kiddy Curran.

However the real news is in the IPL auctions.
Captain 'Smug mug' Morgan didn't get snapped up, nor did little Joey Root!.
Mark Wood did get a place which surprises me, and although he got through the one day series without the hint of a fractured eyelash, I expect that it is not long away.

I was listening with interest to TMS yesterday as they discussed that the England players looked tired, had played a lot of cricket and were ready for some R & R,.....and then most of them put themselves up for IPL.
I suppose money over tiredness is the key here.

 And the England tour bus moves on to the T20 tri series which starts at the end of the week.

Well the blackbirds are singing outside which is always a good sign and I am hoping to see real streaks of light as I head out of the door.
Its hard to believe that we are nearly at the end of January, where has the month gone?
Well for me it has been nearly a month of illness, the worst  I have been in many years, but I'm moving onwards.

Well time to hop off,
Hope that you have a great start to the week.





No comments :