Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 April 2019

I love a cricket day



I left the chateau yesterday morning and headed down the A1, what a fabulous journey it was, hardly a car on the road and into Headingley in just over an hour.

I even had time to nip in for breakfast before heading down St Michael's Lane.

I popped in to see Wendy at the Headingley Lodge. More dates sorted out for staying.

Caught up with John and ( as I knew) he had the information about the 2nd XI match against Durham, so there is another couple of dates in the diary.

There was a great turn out at Headingley and the weather was absolutely gorgeous, I have sat at cricket in August and not had it as hot as it was yesterday.

Carole and Philip arrived and we took our seats.

Yorkshire took to the field and all was going fairly well until Bohannon hit 55 off 32 balls and topped up the Lancs total.
They finished their innings on 311-6.

The crowd were in good voice as Yorkshire came to to the crease. Tom K-C with a cracking knock of 97, I have to say we were all willing him on for his century.
GB came in and did his stuff, as did Jonny Tatts who is becoming a little bit indispensable!


If you have asked me yesterday morning what I expected from the last few overs, I know that it would not be what I saw.
We cheered every ball, and being beaten by 1 run has to be the closest finish.

This is why I love cricket!
And the ECB want to downgrade  50 over cricket for the made up game of 100!
I think that Colin Graves needs his bumps felt!

This was the day that I needed. Cricket,sunshine, friends ( I finally got to meet Mrs Jimbob).
All the stress and upset of the last few weeks/months was very quickly forgotten watching the game that I love.
That's the joy of cricket for me I can totally switch off from everything when I am watching.

And with a heavy heart today I am heading home.

However I am  back in 2 weeks to enjoy it all again. ( after hopefully a trip to Nottingham next weekend)

And now to get organised and  pack the chateau up.

Have a wonderful Easter Monday.


No comments :