Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 July 2018

Stormy Sunday



So we had massive storms yesterday morning and then the sun came out and Mr Funky and I set off to Chester le Street.

We got settled ate our lunch and were getting well and truly battered by wind that had whipped up from goodness knows where.

I got a nod and a smile from Big Luke as he passed by and then my phone came to life, yes I was only being broadcast to the nation!!!

ah well you can't really miss me!

Notts were batting and before the end of the first over they were one man down.

I was cheering them on but it was to no avail, it was not to be for Notts

The lovely Mick popped over for a catch up, it was great to see him and we arranged to meet up in September.

The weather held for the game and Funky and I got to the Funky bus just before another storm hit.
This time with hail stones!!

It was good to see that the car park stewarding at the ground had stayed the same.......dire!........meaning that we were unable to get out onto the main road for a good 20 minutes, by which time, thanks to Funkys air con, my toes had developed hypothermia!

It was a lovely afternoon out despite the wind, rain and cold.


I was home and snuggled up on the sofa by 7pm.

Notts were not the only losing side as my real boys went down to Derbyshire.

Derbyshire, Yorkshire and Notts had all played Friday evening and apparently it was 2.30am before the Notts lads got to their hotel in Durham.
Surely the fixtures need to be seriously thought about.

Ah well, what's done is done.

Today has dawned  awful, cold ,windy and very rainy,l so there is only one thing to do......................make chutney.


Have a great day and I hope the sun is shining on some of you.

No comments :