Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 July 2018

D Day!



Well after a lot of preparation, clearing  of the office etc, its D Day and all that it brings with it.

I just want to sit in the garden and red my book which is a far nicer prospect.

It is also D day i cricket or should that be 'T' day, as the start of the domestic T20 season starts.
It is now 15 years since the introduction of T20 cricket and if the powers that be are to be believed then  it is going form strength to strength.
Still not my favourite format of the game but at the moment all that can be watched.

England were in T20 action last night, there were so many ducks I thought that the pitch at Old Trafford had become a lake!.
India gave a great innings and a much deserved win.

Tom Curran has been ruled out of the T20 and one say series with a side strain.............so young and already breaking down.

And Hampshire bowler Mason crane is out for the rest of the season with a back injury.
Is it just me or do the youngsters seem to break down too quickly?
Are they not training correctly ( with the amount of back room staff I would say not possible to that).
are they 'over playing'? 

It all seems a bit strange that their bodies cannot put in a season.

maybe the old ways of play in the season and get a job on a building site in the close season seem to come to mind.
All this indoor training and playing abroad seems to be playing havoc with them, or is it just their style of bowling?

well I have a lot on my mind today so best head off and face the music.

have a good one.

No comments :