Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Its raining



I crawled under the duvet at about 4am as it had turned slightly chilly, my guess was this was when it started to rain, however when I crawled out at 5.15am, the ground was dry and everything looked as parched as it had yesterday.
5 minutes later,I heard the rain again and I have spent the last half hour watching it rain, hit the ground, dry instantly, continue to rain, and there seems to be little evidence of water.
everything smells fresh and there is some water on the road. Not quite enough to make a difference though.
There is a chill in the air, so hopefully it will not be as humid as yesterday.

And talking yesterday, I had the radio on in time to catch the start of play at OT, Lyth, Root and Williamson were gone in the blink of an eye and it took Harry Brook and Jonny B to put on the runs. a sterling effort by Captain Patto saw us post 239 all out and me sitting with my fingers crossed that it was enough.
Lancashire came out fighting, we got a breakthrough and sent 6 of them back to the hutch before stumps.

We need to come out all guns blazing this morning, we could see them off before lunch if we try very very hard.

Come on Yorkshire, above all we need this win to keep our heads above water.

Sussex however are on days off now after thrashing Glamorgan in 2 days

Notts seem to be struggling against Surrey. Come on lads you can do this.

Home was quiet last night as I was struggling with lack of sleep due to the heat.

Its becoming a bit of a thing, me and sleep. Ive tried the 'go to bed at the same time every night', Ive had a banana, glass of milk, mogadon ( well that not true but you get the drift).
I did try herbal sleep tablets and then spent hours keeping myself awake to see how long they took to send me to sleep!!!!


How very English I am, moan in the cold and moan in the heat. Is there no happy medium?

Well time is up and I have to wend my way to the office.

Happy Tuesday hope you have all had a spot or two of rain.

No comments :