Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 July 2018

Well its all going off!



Ah its was some day yesterday, as the storm clouds rolled in over Darlo, they were rolling in over Headingley as it was announced that Liam Plunkett would be leaving at the end of the season to join Surrey. The county is becoming more Northern by the minute.

Is this a great loss to us?

I think not, he made it plain where his priorities were when he jumped ship for the IPL earlier in the season.
Money, the root of all non renewal of contracts.

AND THEN.......

The ECB named the test team, and old 'I only want to play white ball' Adil, was named.
The statement from Yorkshire CEO Mark Arthur said it all, if you can find it, read it.


Yes Rashid was held to count in a trial by twitter which is the norm today and which I am sorry to say I took part in.
Rashid was on a pay for play contract at Yorkshire after opting out of red ball games this season, will his contract be renewed????

Well I am thinking maybe not.

Will we be in a difficult position?
I think not, time for the younger bowlers to shine.

Michael Vaughan ( of course) had his say and its interesting to see that Rashid has answered him, the  fact he commented that people may not listen to Vaughan made me chuckle.
Hit the nail on the head there  Rashy!
Plain to see that Rashid is not in Michaels 'stable' of players.

In other news Middlesex beat Hampshire in their T20 match last night.
I messaged former 'POM' who was jolly happy!

The boys will be jolly happy in the office today as it is bacon butty Friday.
So I had best get off to see 'Big Al, the hungry persons pal' and get them ordered.

What will today bring?

Lets see.................

No comments :