Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 July 2018

The circus is back in town



And so it begins, the next few weeks are full of quick fire cricket, as the T20 season started in earnest last night  ( actually it started in Nottingham, Northampton and Chelmsford). There were 'bangs and whizzes' a plenty and the man with no lips  put on a show as the bears beat Notts.

More to come tonight as my boys are taking on 'soon to be extinct CCC' at Headingley, sadly I can't be there, I have the car to pack ready for the off tomorrow.

And all things are gearing towards the weekend of cricket and camping, as I spent the evening sorting out the sleeping bag and clothes for the trip, as well as getting all of my things into bags.

It looks as if the weekend is going to be a glorious one weather wise, and we will get to see some cricket too.

Today is a warm and sunny morning, I am still battling to keep the hydrangeas hydrated on is nearly in full flower.
The strawberries have given their all and are now suffering in the heat.

The vine and the fig tree are both looking ok so hopefully a few days away will not affect things too badly.

This is the first time in the years that I have been here that I have struggled with water.D Day came and went with no decision about what will be happening so we are in limbo for another few weeks, not a great place to be I'm afraid but hopefully all will end well.

Well time to head off down the road, short one I know but its been a busy morning, washing done and on the line, you just know that it will rain today when I leave it out.

Have a great Thursday, I cannot wait for the weekend.






No comments :