Powered By Blogger

Monday 14 May 2018

back to the salt mine today



Ah well I woke up in bed at home this morning, complete quiet,no sirens no road noise, which I have to say I found quiet soothing and had forgotten about.

It was an interesting 3 days as  I managed to get some  things sorted and actually saw things very clearly. Amazing what being back in your old home town can do.
Spent time with friends, funny though that I  irk some people! Oh well will have to try even harder on that score.However my guess is that they feel the same about a lot of people. 

And then there was cricket.
After my boys had a slight reprieve  with the rain on Saturday, Surrey decided to go for the jugular and even a stand by Jonny B (95) and a mini stand (20) by TLJL, didnt help.
sadly the team looked nothing like the team of by gone days ( as it now seems).
we had to follow on.
Joe Root out in both innings for not a lot. Alex Lees leaving me wondering how he got a place in the team after two dreadful innings.
Lyth finally showing some sort of form (58) although this only slightly helped the cause.

Well lets see what today holds.
I did get to see the gorgeous Morne Morkel  bowling during the lunch break. which was great.

There was a real fight going on at New Road between Worcestershire and Essex, this was played out on't wireless as I was travelling home and to be honest it was great to listen to,.

So for the twits at the ECB who are trying to kill off the CC, why not get out around the counties  and watch it!.

Next week sees the start of 50 over matches.
I'll be at Fridays and Sunday where I will be with my lovely farmer friends, hopefully enjoying a spot of tea.

These are  to be my only foray into the 50 over games. I have far bigger fish to fry.
And of course I will be doing in style!

I have some things to sort out for my trip to Lords too, where of course I will be hobnobbing, it would be rude not to.

Well time is passing too quickly and I need to head off  to the office.
Are more changes afoot?

Well this could be an extraordinary year in lots of ways.

Deep breath and time to head off to the salt mine.



No comments :