Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Midweek already


Cheers everyone it is midweek already!!

Can you believe it. It will be Friday and I will be away on my jollies before I know it.
To say that I cannot wait is an understatement.
However lots to do before then.
Still to finsih the top to tail clean of the chateau ready for the agents arriving.

However lets have a look and see if there is any cricket news.

Well Middlesex have named Steve Finn as their Royal London one day captain. I suppose he will be captaining from the sidelines as he is injured more than he plays these days.

And talking about the injury prone, Mark Wood has brought himself back from the IPL to be considered for an England place. Its sad to see that he came back to  to play for his county but only to hopefully be selected for a Test place.
He has only been played once by his IPl team Chennai Super Kings
How many of our mercenaries have played more than 3 games for their teams?

How long before Wood is injured again?

The PCA says that players are concerned about the 100 ball game, and rightly so I say.
I still cannot believe the rubbish that the ECB spout about this new format.
They really think that they have found the cash cow.
And according to them it will be loved and watched by children ( renowned for long concentration spans) and  females who have no idea what is going on.
My question on this is, will they go to more than one match when they can't understand whats happening and the children wont sit down and shut up?

Anyhoo today I have more important things on the agenda, like work and getting my bag packed.

Have a happy Wednesday and if its sunny dont forget your Factor 30





No comments :