Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 May 2018

We seem to have brought the rain.



So yesterday  after a very hearty breakfast, I headed off to meet Christine before a walk to the ground.

It was relatively quiet in the Long Room as coffee was taken and I caught up with a group of London friends who had headed from North London.
Yorkshire eventually bowled out the host and went into bat, being 7-2 before I could  even get to the bar!.

With the loss of Punjara it was handy that it had started to rain, and as we grabbed some lunch it was decided to head back to my hotel, where  I fell asleep.
Waking up an hour later to fond that there was still rain.

By 6pm it was decided to head out for dinner which was fabulous and washed down with a bottle of Pol Roger, well it had to be done!
Stroll back to the hotel and then early night.

 Elsewhere in London Middx were also thwarted by the weather,

Essex pulled back in their 2nd innings against Worcestershire, whose Joe Clarke hit a century.
In fact there were centuries a plenty  around the counties yesterday.

Ireland got to start their first test match and great to see the best mini bus driver, Tim Murtagh in the wickets.

Today has started overcast but at least no more rain this morning.

I am looking forward to my final day at The Oval, which has brought back many happy memories of trips here over the years, but also I have loved wandering through the pavilion taking in all the paintings, memorabilia and photographs.
The museum was very interesting and enjoyable and  the plans for the new building work struck a cord with me bearing in mind many years working in construction.
I may not be a fan of Surrey but I have to admit to loving their homage to their players and history.

Well time to get a wriggle on as bags to pack and get myself ready for my last few hours in London.

How quickly the time has gone.

I'll be on the train home before I know it and then I have some big decisions to make over the next week.

Right off to scoff my brekkie.

Happy Sunday

No comments :