Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 May 2018

Sunny Saturday


well I have the washing on as the sun is shining and  I will be able to put it on the line soon.
Its going to be a full on day with painting being on the agenda.
I am hoping to have everything done by tomorrow and then I can have a day of rest on Monday.

So back to yesterday, at 10.55am I was super excited and had my radio on at my desk.
By lunchtime I had to stop myself from going over to Morrisons and buying a bottle of 'White Lightning' to drown my sorrows.

So here is the 1st innings in a miniature nut shell

Brook didn't even babble, out for 0
Lyth, not so. out for 0
Pujara dug in sort of, out for 9
Root not enough time to lay down any, out for 0
Ballance managed to balance the side.....slightly out for 22
Bairstow did not bestow many runs, out for 7
Leaning, seemed to be, out for 7
Bresnan  out for 1
Patterson did not patter the ball much, out for 2
Brooks, not a ripple out for 0
Coad  got his coat quickly out for 0

all out for 50!

However Essex were soon 2-2 in their innings but rallied and were all out 142

Yorkshire start today 161-2.

All the England players ( Root Bairstow and Cook)  failed to perform and I wonder if the decision to give them a spot inplace of others was the right one.
We had no Hoddy, and we all know what he can do.

However today is another day.
Come on my boys!


After Notts hit 302 they had Hampshire 70-3 at stumps.

Sad to see that Marcus Trescothick suffered a broken foot in their match against Lancashire, he did score a century though!

So back to the grind now.

I hope that you all have a fabulous day what ever you are doing


No comments :