Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 May 2018

More good news Friday






Well it is Friday ,  I have slept nearly all night ( except for a slight wake up at 4am thinking that I had slept in).
All is quiet in Lady Lainey Mews.
Everyone will be getting a peaceful nights sleep.
No 73 is vacant.

At the back of my mind though I have that niggling thought 'better the devil you know'!!!!

I arrived home from work last night to the sight of a new fence to replace the wall at the far back of the extensive grounds.This wall was attached to the bungalow which is on one bounmdary and where a huge sycamore had been allowed to grow out of control and as such had completely broken my wall.
Donna who rents this bungalow from the local council is disabled and had asked them frequently to cut the tree down, but no!
After much discussion  regarding how they were going to replace it, I settled on a fence to match the one that I had on the other boundary.
And that's what I got.
I will not be getting a replacement for the wall which is seriously damaged by their bushes on another boundary.They refuse to admit responsibility, at 9m long that is some wall to replace and I have seen the cost.
One small battle won though and one new fence.


Its also a cricket day as my boys are down in Chelmsford. I now have my spy, James Bond back in service, so I will be getting regular 'Yupdates'.

Interesting to see that Jonathan Trott has announced his retirement at the end of the season.
Trott has spent his entire career with Warwickshire which in this day  is commendable.
He retired from international  cricket in 2015.

If the weather forecast is to be believed then we are in for a blazing hot weekend.
Just great as I have a lot to do and had  cancelled my mini break.
Never mind I will  do it at the end of the month.

It is Friday which means one thing! HALF DAY!!
 I have lots to do when I get home, the sooner I do them, the sooner I can enjoy the weekend.

Have a great day.
And come on you Yorkshire Boys!





No comments :