Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 May 2018

Good to be back home



So after a very early start yesterday, we arrived in that there London and as I got off the train at Kings Cross,I had that old feeling of being back home. No matter how many years I have been back in the North East of England it never feels like home and I do miss living in the South.

So I headed over to the Oval and found my hotel which is less than 4 minutes walk to the ground, it is next to a fabulous old building that was The Belgrave Children's Hospital, now converted into apartments.

So 9.55am I was at the gates and waiting to go in, 9.58am I had been 'chatted up' by a gentleman, ( former wedding ring is a useful adornment I have to say).
Go into ground and then saw a sight I never wanted to see.................................................
................HRR in Surrey garb! This does not sit well with me and he just should not be there, any other club really but not Surrey.
I did however see my absolute heartthrob, Morne Morkel, he does look as though he needs to eat a few pies as he is a tad on the skinny side, he is super tall though.

And then it was time for the game to start.

Bressie took first blood with Stoneman gone. Brooksy got his 400th wicket and Surrey were 19-2 in the 7th over.

It took Pope to steady the ship with 131 not out and Rockefeller CCC closed on 366-7.

This morning my boys need to get the lot out before lunch and then settle down to some great batting.

Worcestershire had a cracking day when they bowled out the County champions for 177.
That was a brilliant day for the lads, sadly no commando boy on the team.

It was sad that rain blighted the first day of the test match in Ireland too.

There are troubles a plenty in the Zimbabwe cricket fold as the players are trying to get money owed to them,
Its a huge problem and something that was highlighted in Alan Butchers fabulous book about his life as their coach.

Well the sun is shining beautifully here although the weather forecast tells another tale. I fear that 'James Bond'and I might get a tad wet tonight as we head out to eat tonight!.

Well I am heading down to have some breakfast.
I had a fabulous sleep and feel ready for the day.

and then back to the Oval and a trot around the museum I think.

I am also secretly willing on Worcestershire to do well today too. ( not so secret now)


No comments :