Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 May 2018

here we go






Well its Tuesday and I am up and ready for the office, actually this is a complete fib, I am hobbling round and in quite a bit of pain from getting up wit the worst back ache ever.
I think all the furniture lifting has taken its toll.

I am not looking forward to a day in the office, however only two more days after this one and then I get a mini holibob.

So yesterday was mainly cleaning and some painting as well as making two lots of chutney, tidying the garden a bit more and having a coffee with chum Chrissie.
I did manage a little nap too.

I was keeping an eye on the Notts score, and despite Hashim Amla hitting 112 for Hampshire, the hosts had a resounding win by over 200 runs.

Lancashire and  Somerset drew their game.

Sussex beat Middlesex by 3 wickets, I fear that the chat I had with Harry Latchman a couple of weeks ago may be nearer the truth than I at first thought.


My boys have to now focus on their match against Rockefeller CCC, who just seem to spend silly money on 'names'. Much I would have liked to see Morne at Yorkshire this season,I think that it is obvious that our policy of home grown talent is paying off.
There are a few not home grown, and in the case of Hoddy, no one thinks of him as anything other than Yorkshire.

Well time to try to get myself off the bed, which is more of an effort than it may seem. I'm hoping that as the day goes on, the pain eases off.

Have a great day, it is only 4 days to the weekend, or 3 in my case.

No comments :