Powered By Blogger

Saturday 19 May 2018

What a day




I got an early morning message from Sophie which sparked a dull on panic as I rebooked our room at the Lodge and started to plan for another day at cricket with her.
messaged Jim in Barbados to pass on the news and all is sorted

So I headed off for a busy morning at work and pizza was scrapped in place of bacon butties at 10am ( mushroom and mustard  for me). A slight worry that one of my project managers has been unwell all week and had some blood test which resulted in him having to go back to the doctors yesterday, we will await the news on Monday.


Then it was cricket and I settled down in a comfy chair and with a glass of champers all seemed good. Lyth and Kohler-Cadmore took to the field.
Well I can tell you that at midday I never expected to witness such a cracking bit of batting as we saw from Tom, to say that I was whooping was an understatement.
His 164 proved that he is a valued ( and missed last weekend) member of the team.
With a total of 328-4 they set Durham a bit of a task!.

By the time Durham came into bat I was sampling 'absinthe and Champagne' and enjoying it a little bit too much.

And we won!!!

Yes there was much 'yahooing' I can tell you.

Not so this morning as I have a bit of a headache!

I think that it is time for Toms rosebud to fully bloom. A first team cap soon surely?????

However the day was marred with the news that our Captain Gary is taking some time out for personal reason. No further comment on this except to wish Gary well and we hope to see you soon.

After the steam of Surrey hubris over their win against us last week, they were well and truly skittled by Somerset. Mutterings of 'Somerset could be in winning ways this season' were floating around last night  but I soon quashed those!

Today is about a quick trip to the town and then someone is coming to collect some furniture that I have sold.
Then I will settle down to see what everyone is wearing at The Royal wedding.
I love a wedding ( but don't want another one myself) and whether Royal or not its always good to take a peak at the bride.

Well its nearly 8am so time to get the party started and I may go and strim the lawns just to annoy the neighbours!

Happy Saturday


No comments :