Powered By Blogger

Friday 25 May 2018

Long weekend ahead







Well its Friday and I am off to work, not to meet Sophie as we had expected. Weather forecast causing the problems again. I have squirrelled away the days holiday as I have a few appointments upcoming and will need some extra half days.
However, sad to not spend the day with Sophie ( and Jim), we still have August though.


England were in action yesterday and I tuned in, just in time to hear Stoneman go, it got no better, and I mumbled to anyone that would listen, 'they'll be all out before I get home!'
How right I was.

Cook being the only one to put up any sort of fight.

We may have pulled back a wicket before close of play but 50-1 sounds better than 12-1 (or 33-2  or 43-3).

Today is another day and after an early night ( yeah right!) I am sure that they will be out in the field looking move assertive.

Interesting to see that the Pakistan players were visited by the Anti corruption team after close of play and told that no player was allowed to wear a smart watch,
Interesting stuff!


Sad news that  Irelands Ed Joyce has retired from all forms of the game. The 39 year old will take up a coaching role with the Ireland squad.

 And so off to the office and sort out the bacon butty order for my boys.
My poorly  office boy is well on the mend and is off on holibobs to Turkey tomorrow ( if I hear the words 'Budgie smugglers' in the office again it may be too soon),

'C bomb' Bill is back in the office after a trip to Croatia and Whittle Dene and Warkworth water treatment works ( in that order), so we will be regaled with lurid tales no doubt.

Its not cricket but today will not be dull that's for sure.

Have a great Friday and remember that  it is a long weekend, so an extra day to chill out ( or in my case go into overdrive).


No comments :