Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Another day, another...........





day at the salt mine. I have nearly a full compliment of boys today as my 'springbok' is back after two weeks off with a sacroiliac joint injury, he is not very 'springbok' like at the mo, but we did chew the 'biltong' over the Warner/de Kock incident.
 Now this is not going to go away quietly, but before I launch into it, I have to say that seeing Faf du Plessis in a towel first thing on a Monday morning is  great, but you know that your day is not going to get any better than that!

So this whole thing has now been handed to the ICC. I have read a lot about the incident and the tweets about it. Adam Gilchrist  was of course team Warner.
And what about I, Lady Lainey?

I am definitely 'Team towel'

I think that Australia may have been 'Australianed'

News from New Zealia is that Jacob Oram  has taken over as the Woman's bowling coach. Oram played 33 tests for his country and was a decent all rounder although I preferred to watch him bowl.

Despite having being coached for a short time by Jason Gillespie, Papua New Guinea were beaten in their game against UAE in the World Cup Qualifiers. It was however decided on the 'Jack and Vera'.
It will be interesting to see how they progress.

The ODI bus has tipped up in Dunedin ( home of our Marcus), and  NZ are looking forward to the return of Ross Taylor ahead of the fourth match which kicks off later tonight for us.
I'm so tired at the moment that I am not sure I will be awake for it.
just like the England cricketers I am totally exhausted with all the cricket being played,  unlike the England cricketers I have a full day at the office and then awake most of the night keeping check on events.

And England now have Liam Livingstone back, fit for the test series in NZ later this month.
Livingstone left the Lions tour with an ankle injury, came back to the UK and will now be flown out to join the team down under  later this month.

Is he really needed?
Is the added expense of sending him out there justified?
They just seem to fly players around the world willy nilly.
How many players have they actually got holes up in New Zealand?

Oh well, no wonder ticket prices for internationals in this country are so spendy.

Right I am off to work, no snow,lots of rain and after minus temperatures over night its not going to be a nice drive.

See you tomorrow.









No comments :