Powered By Blogger

Saturday 24 March 2018

Away day





I'm up and dressed and ready for one of the biggest dates in my diary this year ( which shows what a very sad life I lead).
I'm off to the AGM and all that it entails.

I can tell you that after the cricket we have endured  over the last couple of days this is some light relief ( and if you've ever sat through the members questions you will know that its not).

Add to this  the fact  that I am meeting my partner in win,e Sophie and her other half Terry as well as  our besty boy Jim, it is going to be some day.

I don't have quite the drive this morning as I spent the night in Bramhope, just outside Leeds ( on the Leeds Road) and what an interesting place that is, I went to the Puritan ( now C of E ) church and also to the old Methodist Church.
Sadly I never found the railway ventilation funnels which are rumoured to be  lovely.

I will say though, that the staff leave a lot to be desired, I was here just before Xmas and had a great stay. However from the minute I walked in and was informed  'you'll have to wait as I'm just about to finish my shift', to later going to eat and being told that I would have to pay extra if I wanted them to not put meat on a plate and just for me to have veggies with no butter, I was not best pleased.

needless to say I went hungry last night and this morning I find that my request put on my door at 8pm, for continental breakfast in my room has not been dealt with.

I'm so hungry I may chew my arm off.

 Cricket in New Zealia was no better as rain thwarted the third day.
If England slip through this and get a draw it will be not only a reprieve but also an injustice for NZ.


Right I've things to do before the AGM

see you tomorrow, I hope.





No comments :