Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 March 2018

where did that come from?






Well I woke up to the sight of more snow overnight, about an inch, but I've had enough now.
 I've had to go out and defrost the birds water, refill the fat balls, put out more peanuts and give the ground feeders more bread, linseeds and dried fruit ( I haven't had time to make bird food recipe given to me by Carole and Philip yet).
And to top it all I have just seen the headlines that we are to be hit with freezing rain!
Oh joy and only 5 weeks until I get to see my boys at Headingley.

Yesterday was busy all day and I managed to get sat  down just to watch the cricket when bad light stopped play!
So it was back to sorting things out and making some space.

Today it is much of the same, I have a couple of projects that need to be finished off too, I need to use my time wisely.

So cricket.

Well Australia remained on top despite some great bowling from South Africa (  Morkel and Maharaj).
Its a done deal for Australia I think.
 Dean Elgar is expected to bat despite dislocating a finger yesterday whilst fielding

Over in Australia, there was an incident in a Sheffield Shield match as a bouncer  from Sean Abbott hit Will Pucovski. The 20 year old was forced to retire from the game although he did not need hospital treatment.
Abbott however was understandable shaken by the whole thing.

The ICC World Cup qualifiers begin today, the prize for this is two places at the World Cup held here in 2019.
In group A are my faves The Netherlands, who are currently playing Ireland.
It is however, to these teams much more, it is a chance to show that they can play in the big league.

I see there is a need to take a long hard look at the England Lions after they were brought to heel by the West Indies!

Time to stop typing and start doing, I want to clear the dressing room today....................
well the best laid plans and all that malarkey!

Keep safe and warm where ever you are.
Have a peaceful Sunday.





No comments :