Powered By Blogger

Saturday 3 March 2018

Weekend at last



Wooohooo it is the weekend and I am up and about and going to finish the home office so that I can go back to writing my blog in there in the morning instead of lying in bed and tapping away on the 'lapdog'.
It is nearly done, just the final push and it will be a super office with  the ability to turn into the 3rd bedroom in a flash.
I don't really need a 3rd bedroom, but it will be handy when the 'For Sale' sign goes up.

So what else will be happening?

Trip to town I think and then a relaxing afternoon with a spot of cricket and 'vegan' bangers and mash.

So talking cricket lets see what has been happening.

South Africa were all out for 162, Abraham Benjamin with an unbeaten 71 is talking about hopefully prolonging his test career.
I love AB for his style of playing but his injuries of late do not bode well for the team.
Sometimes it is time for the seniors to step aside and make way for youth. This is the same over all countries.

Just to say that my 'bowling crush' Mitchell Starc took a five-fer!

The 'ball war'  which is stirring up  conflict with players and fans alike, has been getting more vocal as  players pledge their allegiance to the side they prefer.
Jonny Bairstow added fuel to the 'long form' bandwagon as he came out saying that he was all for test cricket as ' you remember the amount of tests you played'

Sadly a lot of people are talking about the poor attendance at the South Africa v Australia test which started on March 1st and had less than three thousand people in the stadium.
Well it was during the week so many people would be back at work, is what I say in defence.
Its always a tough choice for me as to how many internationals I will go to see, if any. I have the same dilemma over county matches, as I have a 140 mile round trip if I go to HQ.
The drive doesn't stop me but work gets in the way a lot!


 The snow is still on the ground, I have feed the blackbirds, robin and Pete the pigeon, and I am now about to throw myself in the shower before my walk to town.
I'm sure that once I don my Hunters it will be quite nice out there.
I need to try to get my 10,000 steps in snow or not.

Oh and I am off to buy some fabric, I have a plan for a one off design which if it turns out I may/may not auction off.

Have a great weekend and if you have snow and ice take care out there.


If you are reading this on Twitter, I would be grateful if you could retweet, as we are doing the number crucnching/analyitcal thing over the weekend.
Thank you

No comments :