Powered By Blogger

Saturday 31 March 2018

Saturday and still busy


Well its Saturday and I am just lying in bed aching all over, no I am not unwell but yesterday I really cracked on at the chateau and got lots of things done.

I set off from home at 8am and headed off into the wilds of Co Durham and a lovely village called Frosterley.
As a child and into my teens we had a caravan here, on a small field  behind the village pub, there were probably about 15 caravans on the site.
We would all head up there at weekends. I have wonderful memories of this time.
These all flooded back as I passed the site (which now is full to bursting) and I headed off to a cottage to pick up a beautiful 1960's dressing table.
It fits into the 'scandi' bedroom scheme very well.

What I wasn't expecting was to drive into snow, yes out in the wilds there was a blanket of snow, I am hoping that it doesn't make it over here.

So back home emptied the car and had a chat with a handy man  about laying the paving slabs and putting down some gravel.
Then I set off and finally finished the bathroom, with the exception of the shelf which I will do today.
I was so exhausted I slept right through the NZv England match, which has seen the hosts falter and then manage to pull back.
JB got a century which is great news if we ever get him back at the county.

And then we come to the egregious interview with David Warner, I am sure that we are all sick of seeing Aussies crying.
He came over as incredibly wooden and somehow still thinks that he will play for Australia.

well that's me done on this, I am heading downstairs to watch South Africa give them a good pasting!

And there will also be more 'pasting' going on here at the chateau too.




No comments :