Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 March 2018

Wow it's Thursday already






Yes it is Thursday already and we are still in the throws of 'winter' as we continue to be battered by snow and wind and more snow.
It got me thinking about how as a child, this sort of snow fall was not unusual and we all went about our daily lives without  being told not to leave the house unless it is really necessary.
And what does that actually mean?
I am not going to get paid if I decide it is not necessary for me to turn out in the snow and go to the office.
I know this for a fact, and believe that many people are the same situation.
I got to work at 9.20am yesterday , I was late but I was there.
I know that if you live out in the wilds you are probably snowed in with no chance of leaving home!


Well now to cricket , and Hampshire have signed up Hashim Amla for the first three months of the cricket season. That should make for some entertaining cricket.

Somerset have signed Corey Anderson  the Kiwi all rounder for the T20 season.

AB de Villiers and Morne Morkel have signed for Yorkshire.................OK that's a fib, but it gave you a shock I bet!

Ireland are to construct a new stadium in West Dublin this will replace the current home ground at Malahide.
Initially the plan was to upgrade this ground but due to the increase in International matches, a new stadium was deemed a necessity.

Over in New Zealia, Stephen Fleming, former captain has put himself forward for the role of T20 coach in the event that  NZ Cricket decides to restructure the current coaching set up.

Wonder what the travel bill will be for the whole coaching and support staff will be when this happens.
Next up coach per player perhaps?


And finally a HUGE shout out to Peter Trego the man with more tats than me, ( a lot more than me) who was out and about in Weston -Super -Mare last night giving out hot coffee and soup to those who had no where to go.
What a an absolute star.
Peter Trego here at the chateau we salute you!!!

I am off to  brave the snow now.
Digging the car out of the garage is now my  cardio and  believe me  going to the gym is now much more appealing than ever before.

Be safe and warm where ever you are.


No comments :