Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Keep calm and pull the duvet over your head!






Sadly there is no chance of that this morning. Lots to do this this week.
I went to the office knowing that it was going to be a busy week,what I wasn't expecting was the office going in to meltdown at 8.05am, due to one of the 'chiefs' booking a very expensive course for 2 engineers and then not telling  anyone.
As work and site allocations had been sorted last Thursday it was impossible to pull anyone away to go on the course, the said 'chief 'sat in his office brooding for the rest of the day after a sharp dressing down and the fact that a huge amount of money had been wasted.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I got an email from the 'King of UK water; saying that he  was arriving on Thursday to discuss 7 jobs that we worked on.
I am sooooo looking forward to this meeting!


Ah well that's the nature of the beast I suppose.

 cricket it is not making me feel any better, as I read that one of my current top 10  pet bowlers may be sitting out of the test this week. Yes Mitch Starc has a calf injury and its touch and go at the moment.

South Africa though are putting the Rabada incident behind them and  getting themselves prepared for the said test.

Interesting to read yesterday that David Willey is looking forward to playing red ball cricket at Yorkshire
Well not wanting to 'diss' one of our own, we have been waiting for this since you arrived.
In the time that he has been at the club he has shown form in white ball, moved in with his Leeds based girlfriend, got engaged, and married and had a baby.
Possible it is time for proving yourself in red ball cricket.

#justsaying

Oh well time to move on and time to head out of the door,
The snow has disappeared but it is so very very cold that  we are now looking at  icy patches on the roads.
Its the middle of March and its not getting any warmer.
I am washing the cricket jumpers in preparation for  a months time, I think that I am going to need them.

Happy Tuesday

Lets do this!



No comments :