Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 March 2018

last day!







It's Thursday, which is sort of  my 'Friday' at the office, time to finish off loose ends and then get ready for a long weekend.

Its been some week.

After many telephone calls, a few cross words and lots of broken promises, the Britannia Hotel at Leeds has finally paid me back the money that they took out of my bank account, saying that I  hadn't stayed with them last Friday.
As I said I had a fabulous room, but the staff and service fell very short and then the money incident.I was also told by their head office to send an email to an address that they supplied, and that I would have a reply in 24 hours.
Ah yes, how easily I was sucked into that one on Monday.
Today is Thursday and I still have not had a reply.

Needless to say that this hotel is now on my 'never again' list.

A shame really as it has lovely grounds and a swimming pool.

Right lets see what has been happening in  the world of cricket.

Of course the ball tampering thing is still on going, Smith and Warner have been banned for a year and rumour has it that Warner may never play again.
Their contracts in the IPL have been terminated.
Bancroft got off with a 9 month ban

Darren Lehmann faced the press and spoke out in his own defence, saying that he knew nothing about the whole thing, as his nose didn't grow we have to believe him.
He said that the style of play had to change, and  asked that the three banned players were forgiven by the Australian public.
Well I think that if Warner does play again, he will find it very hard to  keep his trap shut.

There needs to be a rethink in cricket in general about the conduct on the field.

I read with interest  an interview with Angelo Mathews the Sri Lankan captain.
His comment that all international players need to think of themselves as 'Ambassadors of their countries' and that really sums it all up!.

In other news, more resignations  at the ECB, I am thinking that if I put quill to parchment and send off my CV, by the time it arrives via pigeon post, there would just be Colin Graves and I..................
Its not a happy band of cricket hierarchy now is it?

Lets hope that the Easter weekend sees more positive cricket news.
We are so close to the season I can smell linseed oil and Deep Heat.

have a peaceful Maundy Thursday.
Easter is nearly here.




No comments :