Powered By Blogger

Saturday 10 March 2018

Late this morning



Well I am late up this morning and am still in bed, drinking coffee, eating peanut butter and banana on toast and have put in the oven some rather revolting shop bought falafel burgers for the birds. Multi tasking at its best.

I try not to buy too much in the 'ready made/ processed' department, food wise and most certainly will not be buying those 'burger things' again. I cooked one last night and it tasted...........well I am not sure what it tasted of but it was nasty. So I ended up making soy bean and pea risotto which was much better.

I had been to have the barnet sorted out and then hung two lengths of wallpaper before deciding that maybe that was more than enough for Friday and cracked open a bottle of wine.

After watching 'Last chance Harvey' which I hadn't seen but really enjoyed, I got into bed and settled down to listen to the cricket.
Ah yes, an evening with my England boys.................................
...................... and then I heard the smug, self praising voice of Greame Swann or Graeme Mogadon as he is known here in the Chateau, as he is able to shorten the time it takes for me to fall asleep and lengthen the amount of sleep I have.
Fair to say that I missed JB's 58 ball century and England winning the series. I woke up at 6,30am and turned over and fall back to sleep again.

The big hoohaa in India with Mohammed Shami, has taken further twists and turns. It is a very state of affairs.
In regard to some of the charges,I have to say that there is no place in any marriage (or anywhere else for that matter)for domestic violence, physical or mental, male or female.
There are other charges and I am sure that this will make headlines for a quite a while.

And then we have South Africa v Australia, the second  sledge   test. Kagiso Rabada has been fined and faces possibly missing the next two test  after a shoulder incident with Steve Smith. Obviously the umpires are now earning their wage and keeping a watchful eye on events.

So the County sides are away on their jollies, sorry pre season training.
Yorkshire are in South Africa and Worcestershire are in UAE ( other teams and places were available I just chose these two).
It got me thinking, they are 'pre season' training in sweltering heat, and then will come back to start the season in cold wet April. Where  is that sensible?
I know that it is to get them outside, but hey, they should man up.
I think a week down at Butlins at Bognor Regis would be perfect 'pre seasoin' training and for the Yorkshire boys it will be warmer than Leeds.
I bet they all have a cracking sun tan when they get back, and not your typical cricketers tan either!
Ah those boys, they don't know they are born!


Well I hear the sound of the washing machine on spin, so time to step away from the 'lapdog' and get on with things that need doing.
Of which a trip to the charity shop with a bag of goodies is first up.
No chance of hanging my smalls on the line today, it pouring down and I am thinking that an ark will be the best mode of transport.

have a great Saturday one and all.



No comments :