Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 March 2018

It's midweek!



Hurrah! It is Wednesday, it is midweek and the snow is no more, the rain however is another matter ( sorry Sophie).

I am glad to have turned a corner in my life finally.
Lots to look forward to and some things finally put to bed.
Just  to say, I realised that you are  still a nice person when you put a stop to being taken for granted and  being a doormat.
A lesson I should have learnt years ago.

Right now, what is going on in the cricket.

Well I have been listening since 10pm, sometimes even in my sleep. I am currently listening to the  steady breakdown of Ross Taylor, who returned from injury and is currently on 167 and struggling with leg and toe injury.

They are chasing 336 and  there is some big hitting from this guy.

England had a complete collapse from their middle order and it is safe to say that it had Captain Root and JB with their 102 and 138 respectively, not made this, England would not have been close to 200.
This has been some match with over 700 runs scored.
Sadly  some of the commentary  has been sloppy,self promoting, boring and irritating ( sometimes all at the same time).
As I have said before, a cricketer does not a commentator make, especially when one of them is also the biggest 'know all' ( knows nowt) of them all.

And for anyone else who wonders, people born in Co Durham are not 'Geordies' or 'Mackems',which are terms for people from Newcastle (and its environs) and Sunderland both of which are in Tyne and Wear.

Anyhoo, New Zealia are just about to level the series with an heroic effort from Taylor.


And a six finishes the game as NZ win with 3 balls to spare.

The  Warner/de Kock 'do' trundles on as they are both charged by the ICC for the incident that occurred at the weekend.
There are lots of 'he said this' 'he said that' being bandied around. what happened will probably not come to light.
I see fireworks ahead, as one of these two is seriously hot headed.

World Cup qualifiers saw Ireland beat PNG and Scotland had a win over Hong Kong.

I am cracking on slowly in the decorating here at the chateau as I put in an hour each evening, and tonight it is the turn of the power tools as I put up some shelves!

I know how to live!!!

2 weeks until the AGM and then  2 weeks until my first cricket so I need everything ship shape and Lady Lainey fashion pretty quickly.

Oh well time to do the day job.

Happy hump day,
have a good one.










No comments :