Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Not so much beast from the east



This morning it is more like the pet that is wet!
Its been pouring most of the night and doesn't look as if it is going to let up. I was hoping that I could get some of the lawns dried out this week so that I could give them a 'trim' at the weekend.
Not looking hopeful!

I'm just lying in bed listening to the rain coming down and thinking that I hope it stops before I head out of the door.

So what have I been up to. Well work and more work.
And that will be the same this week. I have my 'PD' in today ( personal draughtsman) who has been allocated to do all the outstanding drawings that I need to complete numerous tasks. I like this! It beats the days when I had to do it all myself.

So yesterday saw the counties get together to discuss the future of English cricket. seeing as Colin Graves was overseeing it all I feel it will not be good.
I am sure that we will hear more about this in the coming weeks.

The MCC has finally spoken out on the current state of behaviour in the game.. Mostly due to the test series in South Africa. After the Warner/ de Kock affair and now the ball tampering.
Also the Sri Lanka and Bangladesh incidents were mentioned.
They are concerned about the falling standards.
Non merde!!!!

So what do I think?
well I think that money and fame are not good bed fellows. Sometimes sportsmen think that they are above all things ( across the sporting board here and not just cricket ).
Sadly sponsorship and being pandered too is not always  good for the people concerned.
You only have to look at what happened in Bristol last year.

Falling standards?   Yes
Chances of it changing?  No

As to the ball tampering event, we will hear what cricket Australia have to think about this later today.
Michael Vaughan has come out as saying that he thinks this  also happened in the Ashes.
Would he have said this if England had won?
Of course not!
That series is done and gone,no one suspected anything at the time,so saying that is just headline grabbing.

And with that I am off to make a call to the hotel that I stayed at on Friday evening who very kindly have charged me for a no show at the hotel, meaning that I have had the pleasure of paying twice for shocking service and bad attitude.

I can assure you that I will NEVER stay there again.
It was a catalogue of  disasters, which is very sad as the room was lovely but the staff were appalling.

Right I am off to do my thing.


No comments :