Powered By Blogger

Friday 2 March 2018

Snowy Friday






We are still in the grip of a mini winter here in the North East of Blighty, although now  at 5.25am, it is very very quiet and my venture in to the garden ( Hunters and dressing gown,) to put out more food for the birds was so very peaceful, had the bench not been covered in snow I might have sat down to soak up the silence.
The silence is one thing, the chaos that is the daily commute is another, however today is half day and then the weekend.
Today is the beginning of anything I want, and I want to finish one more room upstairs.
Not a lot to ask.
The decluttering continues and things that I thought I could never part with are now in piles to either be sold or donated.
It makes me feel so much 'lighter'.

I am preparing myself for a weekend of cricket also and that is enough to make me smile, I will get to see Mr Morkel  possiblhy for the last time at International level, but if all the rumours are true, I am sure that I will get to see him playing for a County side this season, sadly not my beloved Yorkshire.

 Australia were in batting and half centuries from Warner and Smith put on the runs, Abraham Benjamin was in good form too.


Alex Hales pursuit of white ball big bucks hasn't started too well as he went unsold in the CPL draft.
Maybe not as easy as it was first thought.


So Jimmy Anderson is concerned about the possible death of  Test cricket,  after players are opting for white ball over red ball.
Jimmy is in the twilight of his career and has been a faithful servant to red ball cricket.
The long form of the game is really under threat and I think that this time next year we will be seeing more migration by players to the 'other side'.
Anderson hopes their are still players who love test ( and county championship) cricket. Sadly as £ signs light up in eyes, I fear that there is not enough money to in the long form to keep them interested.
White ball prostitution is  gathering pace.


I am gathering pace in rediness to head out into the snow.

Take care out there everyone. It is still not the best.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.









No comments :